Your search results

Smallholding UK – advertise your smallholding, equestrian or rural property, barn conversion

Currently all adverts are free both in the classified section (smallholding-related items) and in the main property section (smallholdings, equestrian, barns etc)

Please accept our apologies for recent problems with our website, we are back now and you can place adverts in both the classified (smallholding-related adverts only please) & main property section (click on ‘add listing‘ top right).

Please bear with us as we continue to work on the website and please do not hesitate to get in touch if you need help with submitting an advert.  If you are not particularly technologically-minded, just email the description, photos, floor plans and anything else to us and we will get it online ASAP for you.

Estate Agent?

If you are an Estate Agent, you can advertise smallholding properties here, select ‘Agency‘ when registering.

Is your property currently with an estate agent, or are you considering using one?  Lots of helpful information here about what to look out for in estate agent’s contracts on the HomeOwners Alliance website.

If you want to use an agent as well as advertise your smallholding or equestrian property privately (for example on this website), then beware of

  • Sole selling rights – If your contract gives the agent “sole selling rights” then think carefully before signing.  The estate agent in the contract is the only one allowed to sell your home during the period stipulated. And you will have to pay that estate agent, even if you find your own buyer!

That doesn’t stop you advertising privately, but ‘sole selling rights’ does mean that you will have to pay the agent’s fees even if you sell via your own private advert.

This is different from a ‘Sole Agency‘ agreement – where the estate agent is the only agent with the right to sell your home during the term of the contract, however if you find a buyer yourself, you don’t have to pay the estate agent fees.

For more interesting information on estate agents’ fees, jargon and agreements, check out this article from Which

Compare Listings