Easy to place an advert!
- Click ‘Login‘ top right & then ‘Register here!’. Select User Type “User”
- Select package from dropdown “See Available Packages and Payment Methods”
- Pay using Paypal or bank transfer
- Select “+ Add new property”, provide description, tick available amenities & upload images
- Click ‘Add Property’ & wait for your property advert to be approved and published
If you are short of time or experience problems at any stage, please contact us email@example.com; we are always happy to place an advert for you
Packages available for estate agents – select ‘Agency’ when registering or contact us
Before placing your advert please read…
Advertising Guidelines | Cost of Advertising your Property on Smallholding UK | Why Pay?
In order for your advert to have the most impact, please consider the following points – which have all been mentioned by people in the market to buy smallholdings & equestrian properties and some are a legal requirement throughout the UK!
- Provide floor plans of the property if possible
- Land plans (or an aerial photograph) showing house, outbuildings, woodland, grazing, water courses etc are very useful
- Good quality photos (as many as possible) are key to getting purchasers interested enough to consider what could be a long journey to actually view your property; also provide a video if possible. It only leads to disappointment all round if you try to ‘trick’ viewers into coming to view
- Photo minimum size 500 x 500 px and maximum 5 MB please
- Provide a video tour of the property if possible too
- Someone looking for a smallholding requests: “…photos of the outside and not beds! Particularly any outbuildings and garages; often the description of outside is minimal to say the least“
- Download & complete the Law Society Property Information Form in advance, to save having to answer the same questions – about boundaries, services, planning permission, building control notices, guarantees, warranties etc – from each viewer / potential purchaser
- Make sure you have an up-to-date Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) – this is a legal requirement. More info here on the Gov.UK website, including link to find your nearest Energy Performance assessor in England, Wales & Northern Ireland and in Scotland
- To use an estate agent in addition to putting an advert on Smallholding UK or not? That is the question! Some vendors do, many do not – the choice is yours but please check out our information on sole agency & sole selling rights if considering using an estate agent.
- Many, many advertisers have successfully sold their smallholding through Smallholding Wales (now Smallholding UK), without using an estate agent & the savings can be considerable:
“I think you have great web site, though I think you should consider raising your fee. I saved nearly £8,000 by not using an estate agent.”
“we tried estate agents to sell our smallholding but after many viewings from people who didn’t want a smallholding we dismissed our Estate Agents and advertised on Small-holding Wales and sold it within 3 months”
“Our buyer came from your web site, if I ever sell a house again I wont bother with an estate agent. Thanks for your great service”
“Four months with an estate agent and not a single viewing. One month with an ad on Smallholding-Wales and 5 viewings, one very acceptable offer and as a bonus, no estate agent fees! Many thanks”
Most importantly, Smallholding UK (incorporating Smallholding-Wales) is not an estate agent – it is simply a website where vendors can advertise & showcase their smallholding, farm, barn / school / stable / chapel conversion or specialist equestrian property for a small fee, instead of potentially paying thousands of pounds to an estate agent, for what can sometimes be a less than satisfactory service:
NB: Please do not use ALL CAPITALS for headings or any passages of text (research has proved that the human eye reads by identifying the shape of words – words in capitals have no shape!) http://uxmovement.com/content/all-caps-hard-for-users-to-read/
If you are short of time or unsure about placing the ad yourself, we will be happy to do it for you – just email us with the property description, images (min 500 px x 500 px), video link (youtube or vimeo) if available, floor plans & EPC information.
Cost of Advertising Property on Smallholding UK
The cost is the same whether you submit the advert yourself online or email us the details to upload on your behalf
To advertise a property for rent, it’s just £10 for 6 months
For the basic (standard) for sale advert, with up to 12 photos, it’s £50
For the premium for sale advert you can have up to 30 photos and your advert will randomly appear as ‘featured‘ – the cost is £75
The main difference between the packages is the number of images; if you want to start with the basic listing of 12 photos there is an option to upgrade to the premium listing if you want to add more images and/or have the random ‘featured’ option in future – we try to be as flexible as possible for our clients! If you’re searching for a smallholding / equestrian property to rent or buy, you can place a wanted ad in the ‘property wanted’ category of our classified section, completely free!
NB: Images must be at least 500 px x 500 px in size, max upload size 5 MB per image (you can edit / change your images at any time)
If you are an estate agent & would like a package to advertise smallholdings with us, please register for an account & select ‘agency’ or get in touch
When you consider how many thousands of pounds you will save if you advertise privately with Smallholding UK and don’t use an estate agent, our fee is insignificant!
Your listing will need to be renewed every six months – the main reason is to prevent properties that have been sold or are no longer available, from continuing to be advertised. We know how frustrating it is to find a property that looks ideal for your purposes, only to find out it’s been sold – or worse still, getting no response to contact emails or phone calls because the vendors have sold & moved. There is a simple admin fee of £5 (£6 premium) to renew your property advert; on renewal it will appear as a featured property (first on the list) for a short while after renewal.
Although many vendors do advise us when they have sold the property they advertised with Smallholding UK, sadly some do not. You will receive an email about renewing your advert a few days before it is due to expire; the expiry date is also displayed prominently under ‘Your Current Package’ as soon as you log in; to keep your advert live on Smallholding UK you need to log in & click “See Available Packages & Payment Methods” underneath details of your current package – select ‘Renew advert‘ (Std or Premium according to the number of images) from the options.
Why pay when I can advertise for free on other websites?
By paying to advertise on our specialist (dedicated to smallholdings, equestrian & rural properties, farms & land in UK & Eire) & secure (https:) website you are assured of a personal service & a distraction-free viewing experience for potential purchasers, since we have no need of revenue from annoying third party adverts. As well as the opportunity to upload a video & display up to 30 full-width images, we also offer the facility to add a pdf (or several) to your listing – this could be an agents’ brochure or the full EPC; it’s a useful feature not often available on other property websites.
Don’t forget we have over 11 years’ experience running the original Smallholding Wales website (see feedback) and we are smallholders ourselves; the original concept was borne out of the need for somewhere to advertise our own smallholding privately.
We have a proven track record of selling smallholdings & equestrian properties in Wales (see testimonials) and we have consistently high search engine rankings for relevant keywords.
Our personal service & attention to detail means that every advert is
- professionally proof-read & edited
- suitably formatted
- continuously optimised for search engines
- regularly promoted on Facebook & Twitter